Gleanings

Thoughts and insights from author Jennifer Kennedy Dean

Monday, December 27, 2004

Ablaze With You

“‘Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,’ says the Lord Almighty. But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner's fire” (Mal. 3:1-2).

Oh, Lord, who can stand when You appear?
The splendor of Your presence near
Then knee must bow and tongue proclaim
The pow’r of Your majestic name.

My hungry heart cries out for You.
No earthly substitute will do.
Refiner’s Fire, come near to me
Your unveiled glory, let me see.

A heart like Yours, my one desire.
Do Your work, Refiner’s Fire.

Your holy Fire now burns within
And purges every secret sin.
My life the bush, Your Life the Flame
That leaves me nevermore the same.

Your Life in me ignites the Fire
That now fulfills my heart’s desire.
The Spirit’s work, my life made new,
Transformed within, ablaze with You.

A heart like Yours, my one desire.
Do Your work, Refiner’s Fire.

By Jennifer Kennedy Dean/ © 2000/ All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home