Gleanings

Thoughts and insights from author Jennifer Kennedy Dean

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Starting Again

You can see that it has been a long, long time since I have blogged. Many of you will know that my darling husband, Wayne, was diagnosed in October 2005 with brain cancer and he passed away on December 13, 2005. During that time I kept a blog to keep everyone updated on our situation. If you want to visit that blog, it is at www.waynedean.blogspot.com. I would love for you to visit the blog and read our sons' tributes to him.

Anyway, I have been recovering for two and a half years now. I think I'm almost back. I explained to my friends, "A widow now lives in my body. I don't know her. She falls apart and cries and does all kinds of things I can't control. I never know what to expect of her." I think in this third year of widowhood, the widow and I have integrated. I recognize myself now. Tears still come unexpectedly, even after the passage of time, but not as often and not as freely.

I am taking up blogging again. I'll try really hard to blog weekly. Visit again soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for having a blog. I had wondered what had happened to you. I had been keeping up with you before your husband died. My sweet Mother unexpectedly passed away six days after he did the same year. I understand what you are writing about. I appreciate you sharing from your heart. Much love, J.

August 21, 2008 at 9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for having a blog. I had wondered what had happened to you. I had been keeping up with you before your husband died. My sweet Mother unexpectedly passed away six days after he did the same year. I understand what you are writing about. I appreciate you sharing from your heart. Much love, J.

August 21, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home